Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fitness

I used to be fit! I loved to work out! Motherhood has sort of put a stop to that. I lost all my pregnancy weight within months of having my daughter. But my eating habits and exercise habits changed for the convenient option rather than the healthy one, and about 6 mos after she was born I gained 20 lbs! I am only 5'2 and never weighed more than 102 - 105 lbs my entire life. I was never too skinny and had curves even at that weight. I was always told I had a JLo booty and I weighed a buck! So that will tell you that I wasn't ever at an unhealthy weight for my height and build.
I started Pole fitness at Adult Dance and fitness in 2009. I did that on and off when time and my achey body permitted. I was able to lose almost 10 lbs doing that once a week for about 6 non consecutive months. It's a really amazing and fun work out! I recommend it to anyone and everyone! I have seen women of ALL ages and weight do this successfully and love it!
I have Fibromyalgia and somedays it gets the best of me and working out tends to make it worse than better most of the time, which is frustrating since I used to feel great working out. I let this get to me, and I gave up on working out.
I started playing The Michael Jackson Experience on the Wii and I lost a little weight doing that! It's really fun! Basically if MJ is playing I can't sit still, so this was really a good thing for me!
Just recently I quite drinking Caffeine and sugary drinks. I enjoy one Fresca a day if that. I want to start drinking more water! Last night I weighed myself and I have lost a little more weight, but I am still not back to my pre baby bod, which let's be honest that's the dream for me! My butt has *GULP* cellulite now! AHHHHH!!!! I never wanna look in a mirror again! I know there isn't much I can do but exercise and diet to minimize the look of it! So that's a big goal now! Hide the cellulite as best as possible. So here is the plan!
I am going to start doing the Couch to 5k program! I am really excited to try this out! I guess in my head I believe if I write it on here, it will happen! I should post pics of results, which I may do!
I think that it's important to be healthy and active! I think it's good for mom's and it gives them a release from the mommy world for a bit!
So here is the plan! Find some really healthy Recipes (this is going to probably be the hardest part for me, as I looooove Double bacon cheese burgers with LOTS of mayo and fries!)
I am going to start the Couch to 5K (treadmill and MJ on the Ipod til it's warm out there)! I am getting a gym membership at the local rec center! It's only 12.50 a month and in a convenient area! I am going to start Pole fitness again, I am going to pace myself with it!


I plan to Wii it nightly! Aaaand LOTS of water! I don't think a Tan will hurt much either so perhaps I will do that too! My goal is to get a 6 pack belly and tone up my bod! I am not going to fret too much about my weight as I will about toning and looking healthy!
So wish me luck! Hopefully this will become a wonderful life style for me!

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I saw you were following my blog and came to return the favor. I am also working on toning up and getting fit.
    Best of luck to you! :) I love the Wii!

    ReplyDelete